Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jimmy Coates: Blackout - News

I'm getting more and more messages asking me about books seven and eight in the Jimmy Coates series. Great to know that so many people out there have been waiting for them! What amazing patience you all must have.

Jimmy Coates: Blackout (book 7) was meant to be published in April this year, but didn't appear, and now Amazon is listing book 8 as being available from next week. So, just to clear things up a little bit: book 8 will not be available next week. I haven't written it and at the moment I'm not even working on it, though the plotting and the story is all worked out and the first draft is about 20% written.

Book 7, however, is written. I finished Jimmy Coates: Blackout about a year ago. After several months of disagreement (perhaps even dispute?) with HarperCollins, who have been publishing the series up to this point, I've taken back the rights to the books 7 and 8 in the series.

Which means I can now show you a bit more of a sneak preview of Jimmy Coates: Blackout. Up to now, the prologue and half of the first chapter have been up on my website. I've just posted the rest of Chapter One and the complete Chapter Two.

I don't know how long I'll leave it all up there. I might take it down after a couple of weeks, so get in there and read it now. I hope you like it.

Here's the link:

http://www.freewebs.com/jimmycoates/sneakpeek.htm

Spread the word.

UPDATE, JUNE 2012: the first SIX CHAPTERS of Jimmy Coates: Blackout are now available to download for FREE from the 'Free Chapters' page of the main website: www.joecraig.co.uk (look on the menu along the bottom of the page)

UPDATE, OCTOBER 2012: Jimmy Coates: Blackout will be released in the next 6 months. There's still no confirmed date yet. It could be Christmas, it could be April, I don't know yet... but plans are taking shape. So keep an eye on this blog for more updates...


UPDATE, FEBRUARY 2013: Jimmy Coates: Blackout now has a release date that the publisher is 'aiming for'. Start getting excited. If all goes well from here, the book will be out on...
June 6th, 2013.

HERE'S THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, So when is Jimmy Coates: Blackout likely to be available to buy, please?

Joe said...

Jimmy Coates: Blackout is unlikely to be available to buy any time in the next 18 months. I'm going to keep hold of the rights until I can work something out with a publisher that will mean proper support for the series. I'm optimistic that means publication at some point in 2011, but keep an eye on my website and this blog for news over the coming months.

SwanPublishing said...

Why not just self-publish, after all who better to promote it then you?

Anonymous said...

Hey, please please publish Jimmy Coates:Blackout. I just can't stand not knowing what happens nexts. When do you hope the book will be to buy?

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just put the whole book up online.

Anonymous said...

can you please Joe at least give us a couple more chapters

Anonymous said...

Is the book coming out anytime soon?

Unknown said...

Hi Joe
I have really enjoyed the books and have got lots of my friends reading them as well. Couldn't you just go with another publisher like your other book

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
can you at least give us date of release of any new book of jimmy coates?????

Joe said...

Latest news... Jimmy Coates: Blackout WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON. It's going to come out at some point in the next 6 months, but I don't know the exact date yet. Keep your eyes on this blog for more news and as soon as I know the date I'll let everybody know.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know when the rest of jimmy Coates will be available in the USA?

Joe said...

Hello, Anonymous person. I'm going to guess that you're the same person who left a similar comment on another post, but just in case, here's what I wrote in response:
YES, as it happens I do know roughly when the rest of the Jimmy Coates series will be available in the US. I don't have an exact release date yet, but a publisher has taken them on and will be doing a big digital release later this year, or early 2015. I don't know whether they'll all be coming out at the same time or whether the releases will be staggered, but all 7 existing books in the series will be available to read in digital form in the US very soon. At some point after that I hope we'll move to a release of physical books, but I don't know about that yet.
I'm so pleased you still remember my books after 6 years and that you've had the patience to still want to read them. That's wonderful to hear and I really hope that you enjoy the rest of the series. Personally, I think the books get better as the series goes on so I hope you agree and that the story is worth your long wait. Maybe leave another comment so I know that you've seen this, to put my mind at ease. Thanks for the great support - spread the word round the US for me! Joe.

Reader4liife said...

i read Jimmy Coates: assassin and Target long ago , but i couldnt find the rest of the series anywhere in the USA and hardly no book stores hold them (its been a good 8 years). i recently found the rest of them, but only on ebooks. Why is that?

Joe said...

Hello, reader4liife, thanks for the message. The series has only just been released properly in the US - and only as ebooks, I'm afraid. So it's always been hard to get hold of physical copies over there. Now at least people in the US can download the whole series!