Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jimmy Coates: Blackout - new book, June 6th

This is your official announcement. Put your official face on...

It's been 4 years since the last Jimmy Coates book came out. In that time, despite no new publication, the series has grown and grown. I've had messages every day - every single day - by email, facebook, twitter and even hand-written letter, asking me when Jimmy Coates: Blackout would be released.

That kind of support is incredible. It's overwhelming. Parents, teachers, librarians and readers all over the country have kept up the enthusiasm for my books even while there was nothing new to shout about. Without that, we wouldn't be here. That includes YOU, readers of my blog. A big thank you for the support that has made this possible.

And here it is. On June 6th, JIMMY COATES: BLACKOUT will be released.

I hope this book rewards everybody's dedication to my series. I think it's worth the wait. I'm also excited about a whole new generation of readers discovering Jimmy Coates for the first time.

Don't worry if you haven't read the rest of the series (or can't remember what happened). This one should stand alone. (It's set 6 months after the end of Jimmy Coates: Power - a longer break in time than between any of the other books.)

I'm pretty sure it's the best thing I've written. It's a little darker than the others (as the title suggests) and it's also a little closer to home (some of the scenes are set at locations within a minute's walk of my house).

This one, even more than the others, shows a huge Robert Ludlum influence, I think. (He wrote The Bourne Identity, as well as many other excellent thrillers).

And a major character dies. Obviously, I'm not going to tell you who. You'll find out in June.

Over the next few months I'll be doing a lot of events to support the publication, including some that are open to the public.

If you're in London, you can come and see me in Camden on Sunday 10th March at THIS event.

On Sunday 21st April I'll be performing at the Chipping Norton Literary Festival. Click HERE for more about that.

Finally, you need a link so you can pre-order the book, right? OK. But don't forget it'll also be available from actual BOOKSHOPS, including many fantastic independent stores who've done great things to support me and the Jimmy Coates series. So please consider buying my books from them.

Meanwhile, here's the blurb:

"Jimmy Coates can only trust one man to bring the country back from the brink of chaos. When that man disappears, Jimmy must battle the shadow of corruption. But the shadows are darker than they seem, and the darkness reaches further than Jimmy could ever imagine."

To pre-order JIMMY COATES: BLACKOUT right now, here's the link to Amazon.


JIMMY COATES: BLACKOUT - coming, June 6th.

Spread the word. Tell someone about the series, send them this blog, tweet it, facebook it. Make a video, do a little dance. All that good stuff.

Help me get the word out there and put Jimmy Coates back on everyone's lips.


No comments: